Sunday, November 13, 2016

First December Games

The December month starts with an away game to Everton who are absolutely dreadful. They are mired in 20th place and have already replaced Koeman with the FA's choice Sam Allardyce.
Lineup with Sunderland in mind around the corner.

Of course, 3 minutes in and Lukaku has broken free in the six yard box and has a simple tap in. Everton's celebrations are quickly doused with a fine Charlie Austin header, the cross supplied from the wonderkid Diego Dalot (if you need a RB, pick him up, he's Premier league ready).

Now that it's back to 1-1, we are finally on the front foot. Six minutes before half, a cross supplied from Bertrand and Charlie Austin picks up his second goal, 11th of the season. Possession stats nearly identical, but we deserved this 3 points.
Post Match Analysis.


All things relating to David Moyes, the focus is now on Sunderland who are punching above their weight in 7th! This is not the first time I have encountered this kind of Moyes; in my FM16 save he went on to manage Barcelona and win many trophies. I am wary. Jose Fonte's straight red in a previous match led to a further two game ban by the authorities so I am without his services. One of my summer pickups, Martin Valjent, deputizes for him. In terms of cheap, mid-table talent, he's probably a solid pickup as he can also play LB.
$1.2 from Ternana in Serie B


Well that didn't quite go as planned. A putrid first half giving way to a decent second half, minus the fact we conceded. Again. In a master stroke, my substitute Gerard Moreno gave us the lead in the 69th minute.  We were pegged back 5 minutes later by my failure to change to a control setting after scoring. I cursed as we hit the post in the 89th minute, but the goal never really looked like coming. 
This Sunderland side is 7th...? Must be the Twilight Zone.

Up next is first place Tottenham. I will make a post highlighting some of my summer signings.

No comments:

Post a Comment