Monday, November 21, 2016

January Ins and Outs

The January transfer window has finally open and closed and with so many players wanting to leave, transfer deadline was nervy. My policy on players who want to leave is be my guest. If you don't want to be here, I don't want you. Also, if anyone was wondering, I'm using a large database with 100,000+ players.

Everton lead the way in trying to unsettle and poach my players away. They currently want Ryan Bertrand, who I said could leave if they made a decent offer. They want Jordy Clasie, who told me he wanted the pay raise that came from that move. Last but not least, they want aging Steven Davis. The issue with Clasie and Davis is I can't sell half my midfield without proper reinforcements. Tottenham are interested in Nathan Redmond, as is Man City. Both Manchester clubs also want Virgil van Dijk, whose been my best and most consistent performer. I promised I would accept a bid if it came; fortunately for me it never did.

The Outs ($28.25M)

James Ward-Prowse (CM)
$18M - Chelsea

Once Chelsea were interested he wanted to leave. I offered him directly to Chelsea for $18M (his valuation was $16M) because as he was already unsettled, they would make an approach on deadline day and force my hand to sell for much much cheaper.

Oriol Romeu (DM)
$10.25M - West Brom

This transfer was arranged days after the Summer window closed. He's been on the bench most of the season as I don't have a purpose for someone whose primary position is defensive midfielder.

The Ins ($19.025M)

Jordan Williams (CD)
$550K - Huddersfield

I couldn't pass up his raw physical stats. Even if he doesn't break into first team, he'll have decent sell on value.

Fredrik Midtsjø (CM)
$3.8M - Rosenborg

Cheap and has more than decent stats. Great mental stats and he slotted perfectly into my midfield pairing as he can play the advanced playmaker role in support and deep lying playmaker in defense, with full competence. Scored on his debut, I already have a great affinity for him.

Leo Suarez (IFR)
$725K- Villarreal

I needed more depth on the right hand side of attack due to injury so I picked this lad up. I like his physical stats, but dribbling, flair, technique, and vision were what really caught my eye. Very cheap so even if it doesn't work out, no harm done.

Andre Horta (CM)
$11M - SL Benfica

From FM16, I remember picking him up (fantastic stats) because he was being wasted in the Benfica 'B' team. He was excellent, can become a world class player. I don't know how it happened, but he was transfer listed and I jumped at that. 15s and 16s all over the place and he has pace and acceleration, something that you just can't teach.

Sander Berge (CM)
$2.2M - Vålerenga

I love scouting Scandinavia in the hopes of finding cheap talent. It's there, you just have to look. For his age, his raw stats across the board were too good to pass up. Furthermore, he's a giant, providing me with height and strength. Part of the transfer deal was to loan him back until the end of the season, which is great, he'll get more playing time.

Veljko Birmancevic (CAM)
$750K - Partizan

Unfortunately, I've had to loan him out to Vallecano to try and get a work permit. Apparently in FM17, it's more difficult, I've been reading up on that. In future transfer windows, I probably will resist players who need that. Other than that, he looks like he good be a good one.

Conclusion
I made it through January without losing Van Dijk, Clasie, Bertrand, or Fonte (homesick), which was my biggest accomplishment second to bringing in Andre Horta. Horta also has a $63M release clause for teams in Champions League. As you can tell, I've brought in quite a few midfielders. This is in anticipation for Steven Davis retirement or being sold as he's getting on in age. I think Clasie will leave over the summer as well, so this way I'm prepared. My major purchase in the Summer will be at least two centerbacks as it seems I'll be without Fonte and Van Dijk come next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment