Monday, November 14, 2016

Summer Ins and Outs

The Southampton squad is pretty small already and bringing in reinforcements was a higher priority than moving people out. I mentioned Martin Valjent in a previous post. I snagged $8 million from Everton for Shane Long because I don't care how fast you are, if you're finishing is only 12 then you can't be my striker.

One thing I've notice is that as Southampton, many players are flat out not interested in joining the club. They will rue the day they said no. Rue!

The Ins ($41M)

Miguel Luis (CM)
$900K - Sporting B

A must sign for any save. At only 17, I let him develop in the u23 squad and play him in the cup games that don't matter.


Gerard Moreno (AF)
$14.5M - Espanyol

I needed to bring in an established striker to rotate with Charlie Austin and was satisfied with Moreno's stats. He got off to a slow start, but now he's banging them in.


Ante Coric (AP)
$17.25M - Dinamo

An obvious pickup because Southampton don't actually have a young schemer in this position. A sizable dip into the coffers, but worth it in either resell value or just a damn good player in a few years. I play him as much as possible.


Louis Schaub (AP)
$5.5M - SK Rapid Wien


Diogo Dalot (RB)
$850K - FCP B

My personal favorite this year. Costs almost nothing and is Premier league ready. Potential growth is really exciting and I try and play him as frequently as possible. Easily my right back as long as I can hold onto him,

Danny Loader (ST)
$725K - Reading

One for the future, his base stats were too good to pass up. Also he's English, and you can never have too many homegrown players.

No comments:

Post a Comment